1. Know that there are no get-rich quick opportunities that really work. Most people tell you everything you want to hear, but once you buy and try to implement the program, you are still in the same situation-no income.
2. Don’t believe everything you see. Clickbank reports can be altered. Always check your sources and make sure it is a real opportunity. Screen shots are not always true.
3. Understand and choose a niche that you are familiar with and enjoy writing about it or researching different aspects of it. If you choose something you enjoy doing, it won’t seem like a “job” to you, and your chances of making money online are better. (Some people think working in the yard is a chore. Other people like to work in the yard, so it is not a chore to them.)
4. Don’t get lost in the email pages. It is so easy to start checking your email and get side tracked by one particular email, then another and you lose sight of your goals for the day. Nothing gets done and you are still overwhelmed because you just added more fuel to the fire.
5. Write your goals down for the day. Accomplish those goals first, then go and “research” if you have time.
6. Make sure you promote your blog or website to advertisers or search engines. Don’t overdue this step. Search engines have a mind of their own and will get mad at You for abusing this. they will search your site when the are good and ready!
7. Take a break. If all the words and web pages, blogs, and everything you are trying to accomplish seem to run together then, take a few minutes and go do something else. Relax a while. Come back to your home based business refreshed.
8. Know that there are good people out there that are legitimate and you can make money from some of the programs on the internet.
9. If family members, phone, doorbells, etc continue to interrupt you, stop for a while and get all these distractions taken care of. You need to focus on what you are doing and until these things are resolved, you will not focus. (I know family members should not be distractions, but it is why most people work from home, so they can spend quality time with family. Not just mumble back to them not really paying attention to begin with. So go ahead and take the time you need for family, so you can focus when you get back to the computer.)
10. Rome was not built in a day. Be patient. You business will begin to make progress as you learn more and get listed with search engines, advertise and so on. Enjoy or you will not succeed.
Glenn Thomas http://StartInternetBusinessNow.com