1. The first major benefit of reading a trade publication is being able to find out what the hot issues are in the industry you work in, particularly by reading insight articles, news and the editor’s comments.
2. The news section will also help you find out what’s been happening in the sector. Perhaps big contracts have moved within the industry or there are new businesses opening up.
3. The magazine will also be full of useful names of industry figures and companies. Whether you’re looking to build useful contacts or on the hunt for a new job, this can be extremely valuable.
4. If you’re responsible for hiring new employees at your company, then knowing who’s who is also very useful. Likewise, many trade magazines provide a great vehicle to advertise key vacancies.
5. No matter how much we deny it, we all like to know the gossip and when it comes to business, that’s even more true. Some trade magazines will have a more gossipy angle than others, but it isn’t always a bad thing.
6. You can learn about current and future trends that are happening in the industry through features and interviews.
7. You can gain insight on specific topics through reports and supplements, designed to offer added value to the publication.
Robert Berry-Smith The Insurance Insider is a well-established and experienced publication that reports on the London and insurance news. Visit Insurance Insider to browse the latest news and in-depth freatures, as well as find out more information about subscribing to its 24+ page monthly newsletter.