After an extensive modeling exercise into what works on a human level I have put together some Top Tips for my clients. You still need to have a clear agenda, a sales process and good product knowledge but if you have to meet new people for sales meetings then these tips may help you prepare for, and get the best from, the meetings.
1. Smile. This is a key secret to success. A smile instantly changes your state and makes the other person a lot more receptive.
2. Visualization: Picture the result you are looking to achieve before you go in to the meeting. Start with the end in mind and picture a successful meeting outcome.
3. Perception is projection: If you are comfortable with yourself you will project that to those around you. Self belief goes a long way. If you are nervous then ACT AS IF you are confident and comfortable. Get your state right first by using affirmations and anchors. Music is a good way and can really lift your state when you need it. Do you have a song that gets you pumped up? This can help you get into the right frame of mind before a meeting.
4. Ask Questions: Ask open questions that give the other person the permission and space to talk about something they like – themselves. Ask the right questions and you will get the answers you need to tailor your approach to that individual.
5. Listen. Don’t be tempted to talk too much. You are trying to find out about the other persons needs so shut up and listen.
6. Posture and body language: Be aware of your posture and position. A large part of communication is non verbal so be aware of how you look. Sit up comfortably, look at them and engage them with your body by being open and responsive.
7. Enjoy: This is the most important point – just relax and enjoy yourself.
We learn our social skills by modeling those around us as we grow. We develop those skills through practice. The same applies in business. Think about successful sales people and model what works for them. Think about what works for you and what doesn’t and only keep the best techniques.
Get the basics right, know your product and focus on the other person and you will build strong relationships and create raving fans who will happily refer you on.[sc:publicidad ]
My name is Angus MacLennan and I am a Business and Personal Coach getting great results with motivated Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners. My mission and passion is to deliver amazing value to my clients and help them develop their businesses allowing them to have the work/life balance they really want.
Ph: +44 798 224 1479