Here are 7 ways to build trust with your readers:
- Honesty. If you are lying through your teeth, a lot of people will be quick to point it out.
- Communicate with other people and do not make it all about yourself. It is not always a negative, but if you are always talking, how can you listen to the other person in the conversation? Let them have their say. Most people like to at least be heard a little bit. You might be surprised at the possibility of learning something new.
- Brand yourself and be consistent. If you are not sure how you want to present yourself online, you need to sit down and have a long talk with yourself. Before you put yourself out there, you need to know yourself. How can others understand you if you cannot understand yourself?
- Be accessible. Whether it is regularly blogging, socializing on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn, your readers will see that you are engaging with others and want to join into the conversation too.
- Be humble. No matter how good you think you are, there will always be someone who is better. Leave the ego at the door. A lot of people get turned off by such behavior. Same thing as the classic ‘know-it-all.’
- Be eager to give credit and kudos. People like a little love sometimes, especially if it is from a site they frequently visit.
- Be active. This kind of ties into being accessible. However, with being active, this is how frequent you are seen online. If you are active in a certain niche or two every day, you are more than likely connecting with others and building good relationships.
Nile Flores : Even though I have listed only 7 ways to building trust with readers, I am eager to hear what you might like to add. How do you build trust with your own readers? With your customers? http://Blondish.net