10 steps to reclaiming joy in your career:
1. Identify what gives you joy in your career – when do you truly smile?
2. List what is impacting your joy…this is a much harder list.
3. Choose to find happiness in each day…what are you grateful for today?
4. Calculate the impact of unhappiness…how much can you control?
5. How can you adjust the areas you can control?
6. What are you willing to change…are you whining, or can you take action?
7. What haven’t you found joy in that you use to? Why did you lose it?
8. Make the effort and motion to find joy in something new…keep it as a focus.
9. Share what makes you happy…ask someone what did recently that had them really demonstrating happiness…listen and see it in their eyes.
10. Take the time, the energy, and the foolishness to skip, to laugh, to give yourself a hug.
Take the time and energy to jot down your responses, look for the patterns of joy and what takes you off your game. It’s time for an honest assessment…could it be what you have to lose is a frown? Does the honest assessment give you a nudge to adjust? Find the motivation to at least try to make one adjustment consistently. The value of finding joy, can make the difference between feeling ‘dread’ on a Sunday night when you’re thinking about going into work the next day to waking up with an attitude of making a difference, or impact.
The choice begins with an action. Identify what your first step will be.
Wiff and Krutza turned an organization around…culturally and financially. http://lighthouse-leadership.com