You can bring about changes in your work culture if you employ the right approach. There is a very effective 5 point method that leadership coaching experts usually speak about. Here, we describe that method in short.
- Clear the cobwebs in your own mind first and think how you want your new work culture should be. Define it for yourself. Be clear on the things you want to do away with, and the new things you want to introduce. Changing the entire culture would be very difficult, but you can do it if you take things one by one.
- You should trust the people who are working with you, i.e. the people in your team. Any work culture is characterized by the people who are working. So, you need to take them into confidence. Ask them what is in conflict with the current work culture. Draw suggestions from them. Ask them what they want to be changed; what new things they want to be introduced.
- The best part about taking your team into confidence is that they will make a conscious effort to implement those changes, because they are in accordance with their own suggestions. So, now you can start implementing those suggestions. Think which of these suggestions are commensurate with your own ideas. Once you are clear on that, go ahead and think about strategies to bring them into effect.
- Don’t accept suggestions that go contrary to the idea of the new work culture that you have in your mind. At the same time, implement rules and guidelines to do away with obsolete methods. Modernize your work culture.
- Keep your patience up at all times. This is not going to happen in a day. Even the best leadership coaching experts will advise you to wait for at least a year to see the new culture settled down.
By the way, do you want to learn more about leadership in your company? If so, download your free ebook here: Elegant Courage Leadership
Jodi and Mike specialize in executive coaching with individuals and teams. http://lighthouse-leadership.com